Friday, August 24, 2012

The good

It is so easy to get sucked into the negative, let's face it there is a lot of negative being bantered about. Just turn on the TV or the radio and listen to the news and the talk shows. If you listen to all of them then you believe the sky is falling.
Same with the moving industry and trucking. Between the economy and safety regulations coupled with the military and national account discounts you have plenty to complain about.

But....

We also have plenty to still be positive about. I still view trucking and this industry as a respectable place to make a living. Is it harder- yes. But this industry seems to have it's ebbs and flows. For the 26 plus years that I have been in it I have experienced the highs and the lows. I have also seen people work hard and make a good living, providing for their families and enjoying life.

Arpin has always gone out it's way to support it's agents and drivers, in the time that I have been here I have witnessed, and been a part of, many success stories. I have seen drivers work their way from learning their craft to managing one of our company stores and buying the agency that they managed- all with the backing and the support and guidance of the Arpin family.

I have seen agents that started with nothing but ambition and hard work from their kitchen table to a multi million dollar business, once again with the help and support of Arpin. Where other Van Lines would not even give them a second thought Arpin nurtured them and encouraged them.

I have see countless of drivers come to us with no tractors and no money, literally with their pockets inside out looking for work and a opportunity and Arpin will sell them a tractor in some cases with no money down, where do you see that anymore?  It is very satisfying to watch these drivers come in with nothing and grow and work hard to make good money and a living for themselves and their family.

Just last night I received a email from a very good driver who we helped out this year. He came to us after getting burned in the past from others, I knew the man and I knew he was a good man with good character and I knew he was a good household man. We helped put him in a tractor and started him as a owner operator at the beginning of the summer. He has been working hard and making a good living ever since.

I received a nice letter from one of his customers this week and sent it to him with our thanks. He replied last night my simply saying ..." thank you for believing in me".

That my friends is what it is all about it. That is my reward.

 Yes I do believe,... I still try to find the good and the positive through all the negative and the bad.

It is still there and it IS still worth the effort.

To all the believers out there ......hang in there, punch your way through the nay sayers...
....we can still do it - together.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

." thank you for believing in me".
Every bit of this post fits my relationship with Arpin....I was(almost)a broken down,beat down driver and you guys had faith in me,so,Thanks for the faith...