Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Thank you

Today I have been in the world for 55 years...and most of all I have to say thank you.

So far it has been, to quote James Taylor, " A Lovely Ride".

Sure I have gone through some tragedies and hard times , who hasn't?

When I reflect back all I remember are all the good times and all the people that I have met and befriended.

Going all the way back to my growing up years, I grew up in the early 60's when kids still knocked on your neighbor;'s door for your friends to come out and play. When your dog roamed the street with you without a leash and you picking up poop, when you played pick up games and stayed out till you heard the 8 0'clock whistle. We built tree forts, played all sports, played card games, and just hung around a lot and made bonds for life.

Then at around 12 scouting entered my life and I learned my love of camping, nature and learned leadership and my leaders gave me the confidence in myself to do so much more.

Then at 16 I bought my first car, 1967 SS Camero convertible and got my first part time job, met my first girlfriend and away I went on my next chapter of my life.

My first full time job turned into my first management job in the retail world. I learned much more about responsibility and managing people and met my second mentor, who showed me to work harder than the people under you and have a good time doing it.
And most important I met my future wife and the mother of my children. She worked in the store across from mine and my life changed forever.

I left retail when they decided to open Sundays, I need my Sundays, and I wanted more job security now that I had a young family....enter Honeywell and learning dispatching.

Again I wanted to a better path for advancement and enter Paul Arpin Van Lines and again my life would change...for the better. Enter my third mentor, Paul Arpin. Again showing me that hard work and treating people right will gain you success. Thank you Paul and thank you David Arpin.

My second child is now born, giving my wife and I a wonderful baby boy to go along with our beautiful baby girl.
My wife went on to show me so much more than anyone else in my life. How to love unconditionally and giving me the confidence and the backing so that I could grow even more in both my personal life as well as my work life.

I have met so many friends and have learned from so many people along the way and I continue to learn.

There are hundreds to thank but in reflection I think I am the man I am and I have the life I have because of my wife.

Life sure ain't easy but if you have a good person beside you that supports you it sure makes it easier and it makes the ride so much more enjoyable....thank you Lisa.

And thank you to all of the people that I have been blessed to meet and work with in my life.

Thank you to my two children from whom I have so much pride for and for who I still learn from, they are truly special and a product of a loving family...thanks again Lisa.

It is a lovely ride and I look forward to watching my kids continue to grow with their families now and my grandchildren and growing old with the little girl I met back in 1980...life is what you make it.

Thank you

1 comment:

Jillian said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!