Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

To all you dads out there...HAPPY FATHERS DAY !

One of the greatest moments in your life is when your kids are born, and then the first time they call you dad or daddy you feel so excited.

With that feeling comes a lot of responsibility but you welcome it.
It it definitely the gift the keeps on giving.
You are proud of them from the time they learn to stand up on their own to being able to ride a bike and before you know it they form their own little personality.

Unconditional love....they say you only get it from your mother, your kids and your dog.

That feeling of being proud and the love you feel from children only gets bigger, it is a wonderful thing to live through.

You watch them grow and interact and go through schools and colleges and you see life through their eyes and try to hold on to all the wonder and excitement that life brings.

Before you know it they graduate college and are getting married.
At times life seems to travel at warp speed.

The next wonderful moment is when your grandchild is born, you see eyes of your children with that same love and wonderment that you had when they hold and look at their children.
And then your grandchild calls you Papa or grandpa for the first time and your heart melts all over again.

Being a dad is such an important part of my life, I think without it my life would of been missing so much and I never even would of known it.

Children teach you as much if not more than you will ever teach them.

Unconditional love...there is no greater gift and nothing better.
 Let your self go and see life through a child's eyes and you will never grow old.

I thank GOD that he blessed me and allowed me the experience of fatherhood and now to be a grandfather allows me to see it all again, this time through my grandchild's eyes and through my children's eyes watching their children.

It is so hard to put into words....guess I'll just say...Happy Fathers Day to all of you that have been blessed the same as me.

(Oh yea and none of all that wonderment and joy would of happened without my loving wife who taught me  what unconditional love was and walked all those memories with me)

No comments: