Friday, June 22, 2012

CUSTOMER SERVICE


 I would like to share some news on some exceptional work by the Arpin van lines driver, LeeRoy Johnson.

LeeRoy was very professional and went well above and beyond the call. A perfect example was getting my headboard for my bed up the stairs.

The summer movers tried to get it up the stairs but when they got to the stairs the headboard was so large it was concluded that it just wouldn’t fit. LeeRoy was there also and helping them and it really seemed like there was just no way it would fit.

The day went on, and I looked for a carpenter to take apart the headboard which was seeming more and more difficult as the folks who packed the TVs tried to disassemble the headboard only to find that it was glued together and not meant to be split into pieces.

I resorted to looking for someone to CUT the legs off my $3000 headboard

I found a guy to come by and take a look at it. After coming by he deemed it would be too big a job for him and he didn’t want to assume liability on the headboard. The guy then went to measure the opening in the stair well to see how tight it was.  After some measuring he came up with the idea to flip the headboard upside down and he thought it would fit

At this time, LeeRoy was the only mover there, the other movers were already paid and their job was complete as we decided that the headboard wouldn’t fit after they tried it.

So now its me and LeeRoy, and the carpenter, who is an old man.

With a great struggle we got the headboard into the room, but it was really really tough. It weighs just under 400 pounds and it is 6ft6ins tall and 7 feet wide

LeeRoy and me and the carpenter proceeded to put together the bed, which wasn’t that tough after moving the giant headboard up the stairs.

I will tell you that I wouldn’t want the summer movers to have to move this thing out of my place when I move again. The caring and effort and attention to protecting the house and furniture that LeeRoy displayed was very appreciated.

We were going through the sign off sheet and he was about to leave when the carpenter showed up and this whole project got restarted.

So all in all I had to pay the carpenter 80$ for his time and I had to help LeeRoy move up my giant bed frame. The carpenter lent a useful hand also.

I want to make sure the LeeRoy gets an excellent review and the highest praise from me  because I was really in a tight spot and I wanted to get my headboard in the room without having to chop it up, LeeRoy could have easily left me on my own, but he stayed a good 3-4 hours more to complete the job, with just me and an old man to help him.

Please make sure that LeeRoy gets some recognition from his company for his exception work.


Thank you Lee Roy.....this is so much you....you have done things like this for entire career at Arpin.
You are a good man that has helped hundreds of people just like this.



No comments: