Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Being the responsible one

I often wonder if being the " responsible one" is the right thing.

I have been working since I was 16, full time since I was 18 and I am on the way toward 55.

I have never called in sick when I was not hospitalized with something or was in a accident and I can count them on one hand.

I have always wanted to learn in what ever job I was in and wanted to think of ways to improve it. Not so much for advancement but just - because-.
I think it has been more for the challenge then anything else.

I have relatives, friends and past employees that just do not have the same drive or work ethic or the feeling of " responsibility " that I have.

Yet it seems there are plenty of days that I feel completely stressed while they just call it in or go to the beach or just seem to casually stroll through life.

I wonder sometimes who is the smarter one.

Will they live longer because of less stress? Do they enjoy more of the day then I do?

All I do know is that I just can't do things half way. I feel that if I do not do my job to it fullest that others will lose or have to pick up what I should have done.

I am the "responsible on"....like it or not.

No comments: