Thursday, April 12, 2018

Vaca

Straight off vacation I once again have an appreciation for all around me.

My wife and I visited the Dominican Republican where the resorts are luxurious and the weather is perfect, it is also a country with a lot of poverty. The people that worked st the resort we stayed in were all very friendly and helpful, their favorite sayings after performing any function for you was
“ my pleasure “  and they all went out their way to help you and ALWAYS with a smile.
These same people get paid a little more than $100.00 a week.
I watched as men on the beach wearing work clothing in 83 degree weather raked the seaweed into a wheel barrel every day and smiled and sang their way through their work.

It is exactly what Bruce Springsteen lyrics say in New York Serande ... “Listen to your Junkman, he’s singing”... those lyrics and watching these people smile and sing through their work day reminds me that our happiness is up to us and it is most certainly NOT about money, titles or power.




No comments: