Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Courage

Do not allow the noise of other people’s opinions drown out your own “ inner voice “
And most important have the COURAGE to follow your heart and intuition.

It is very easy to give up or buy in or keep quiet and walk in the direction of least resistance but if you follow your heart your shoulders will be lighter and you will be amazed at the doors that will open.
Follow the paths in front of you or move the path, if your goal is selfless and you truly want to do good then trust yourself and go for it.

So what was, and still is, my goal ? And where do I find my courage?

Growing up I did not have a picture perfect family, my parents were both blue collar workers that never finished middle school , my father was an alcoholic and my mom did her best to raise three kids while sometimes working three jobs. There was never hugs or “ I love you “ thrown around or discussions around a dinner table at night.
I never knew what I was missing because as a kid you do not know what other families are doing but at a very young age I knew I wanted more, I wanted a family that hugged and loved and ate dinner together and talked about the day and that became my ultimate goal - Family-

Then the good Lord put my now wife in my path and in 1980 she became my courage, somehow I knew and I followed my heart and my life has been an amazing journey .

Goals and courage... what are yours ? And where do you find your courage?

No comments: