Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Take a quick check in the mirror

Communication Goal: Developing new behaviors that open up lines of communication instead of shutting them down.

  • Listening Goal: Managing the tendency to provide solutions rather than ask open-ended questions from a curiosity perspective to promote self problem solving.
  • Executive Presence Goal: Learning how to manage emotions to increase confidence, credibility, communication, conciseness, and composure.
  • A quick check in the mirror is a good first step toward identifying and altering leadership behaviors that might be holding you back.

    Get going in the right direction.

    Man in the mirror...
     
    I’m gonna make a change, for once in my life
    It’s gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference
    Gonna make it right...
    As I turn up the collar on my favorite winter coat
    This wind is blowin’ my mind
    I see the kids in the street, with not enough to eat
    Who am I, to be blind? Pretending not to see their needs
    A summer’s disregard, a broken bottle top
    And a one man’s soul
    They follow each other on the wind ya’ know
    ’Cause they got nowhere to go
    That’s why I want you to know
    I’m starting with the man in the mirror
    I’m asking him to change his ways
    And no message could have been any clearer
    If you wanna make the world a better place
    (If you wanna make the world a better place)
    Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

    No comments: