Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Saying " Thank You"

Saying " Thank You" matters- here is a message of appreciation of a flight passenger to her pilots. The text of her message is below:
Dear pilots of the plane taking me home,
In light of the very recent tragedy in the French Alps and the loss of those poor 150 people, I feel the need to reach out to you and extend a compassionate hand. At the end of the day, we are all humans just trying to live this rollercoaster of a life we have been handed. I understand an event so horrific as this one affects those with your responsibility more than others, and maybe sometimes a kind word, random but heartfelt, can make a difference. I’m hoping to create a ripple effect and spread some compassion and understanding.
Thank you for taking me home. Thank you for doing so safely. Thank you for allowing me to live the life I do in Spain and split my time with my family in England too. You make the excitement I feel now to see my family possible. I hope you get to see your families soon. I’ve had a wonderful flight and hope you have too.
You’re making a massive difference and you’re the reason I can smile tonight.
Take care and spread love. Kindest regards, Bethanie.
“We are all humans just trying to live this rollercoaster of a life we have been handed.” So true, but I do believe we can smooth out that wild ride when we put a little effort into noticing and valuing the people around us. It’s that human connection that matters most, facilitated through the simple act of saying “thanks.”

No comments: