Monday, March 30, 2015

Kissing behind

Recently some drivers and others, including your truly, were having some fun on a social media page- just kind of egging each on and doing some light busting but mostly encouraging each other to participate in something.
Some others may look upon that as ass kissing but I look at it as a bunch of friends just having a good time.
I learned a long time ago that there are always going to people that look at you and your relationships with others and judge....the heck with them.
Especially, God forbid, if you get along with your boss or owner, others start whispering that you are a kiss ass.....stupid kid stuff.  I think that is where it is from, perhaps as a kid they were not allowed to be part of a group or maybe they were shut out of a club. For whatever reason it is just silly.
I always got along very well with Paul Arpin and both his sons Peter and David, I was not going to treat them any different or worry what others may think of our relationships,- why should I make their issues - my issues?
In this case I think it is great that drivers are getting together in a positive way and not only will I participate in it - I encourage it.
Do not be a hater...join in.
We are doing our best to bring back the times when drivers helped each other and did not push others away. Life is so much easier when you have friends and allies.
Laugh more....hate less.
Stop taking yourself so seriously....because nobody else does.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People that whisper usually have the most to hide.

Road Warrior said...

I never understood this...Someone is happy about being with friends,working together....THE WAY IT USED TO BE,and did someone call them an a** kisser?WTF is wrong with our industry when jealousy and being able to back stab to get ahead is the NORM?Is it politics,I think not...Let me explain something,there are a bunch of us who were beat up by other carriers and agents(myself included)and this carrier helped us get ourshit together,most of the drivers here,needed trucks ect,they stepped up to the plate and helped each and every one get through tomorrow....It's still that way...The camaraderie I've talked about in the past is what went on and we all need to look at that,and,remember when you see another one of our trucks in a lot.....Go over and introduce yourself...I met Paul Adams that way,he made a big impression on me in just the few hours that we talked...