Friday, March 13, 2015

A little history on one of Arpin's Finest...


Here is a little history on one of Arpin's finest and a true gentleman....Bruce Taber....

My moving story began back in 1973 when my mother took a part-time job at Pan American Van lines in Bellerose New York. That's where she met my stepdad, he was a dispatcher there. I was 10 the first time I got a chance to sit in a truck. I knew right then, I was going to be a mover. My Dad took a job with Sherwood vl. And we moved to San Antonio. At 17 I started working local, then as a company driver. In 1983 I became an owner operator. In 1988 I took the job of local dispatcher/ warehouse mgr. I did that for about two years. Than became the van lines operation mgr. I had that job for about year and half. The office wasn't for me, I was miserable. I had to get back out on the road.

 I worked for my family up until 1995. We didn't always get along. So, I had to go! I went to work for Woodland Moving out of Hartford Ct. As a company driver. After about a year working there, I bought a truck and trailer from Woodland, and became an owner operator again. I worked for several other Van lines until, I ended up at All American moving group. I worked for them for about 9 years. That's where I met John Hayes, Tommy Olson, and Pat Hayes also worked there. Then things got bad at All American, John left first and, went to work for Arpin. Johnny, convinced me to come to Arpin. (I appreciated Johnny) I've been here now for about four years. It's a great place to work, everyone treats me like family.  I appreciate everything Arpin has done for me and my family.

 I tried to make the move as stress and worry free as possible for my customer. It's all about taking care of the customer.

 Here's a little more about me.  I live in Ft. Worth Tx. I have Awesome wife Tina, and two daughters, Madison is 24 and Kersten is 19. I love to fish, golf and spend this much time with my family as I can. And, we all know that all roads lead to Ft. Worth! Lol.




No comments: