Sunday, October 5, 2014

Disfunktional family

A lot of people ask me why I care so much about drivers that work for my company or employees that work in my department . They like to bring up their negatives or try to find fault.
I just try to find the positive and enjoy trying to find the bridge to each and every one.

I think a lot of it has to do with my up bringing.

My father was a alchaholic and my two sisters are now alchaholics , my uncle was too.
I was not abused as a child but let's just say I was kinda on my own.
My mom was a saint but she had to work three jobs and manage a alcoholic husband.

That is what you call a disfunktional family.

I still loved my dad and try to help my sisters how ever I can.

You see it should not matter what their issues may be, because by the way we all have something, a friend or family member needs your support and once in the family there they remain.
That is how I truly feel about our drivers and my fellow employees , they are al part of my disfunktional family. There I said it.

Yea, we may be disfunktional at times and, we all come with something to deal with , but we all bring our own uniqueness to the table.

I guess growing up in a not so perfect house helped me appreciatte that, of course you do not recognize that till years after you are out of the house but none the less they are lessons that are hidden in our being and thank God for that.
I try not to judge, just to help.
That said I do believe as the good Lord says, The Lord helps them who helps themselves.
Another words sometimes there is only so much a person can to help, if someone is on a collision course for whatever reason sometimes they just have to go down that path to learn what they have to learn.
Until then I will continue to extend the olive branch, learn what I can and help whoever I can.

After all...family is family.

No comments: