Sunday, August 17, 2014

From Driver Skip....TIME?


TIME?


My time is so segmented, so many rules I have to follow, so many responsibilities I have to meet, SO LITTLE TIME......


The first story about that title, centers around today...I try to get a doctors appointment on short notice...GOD, only knows where I'll be in two weeks...AND up to this point my Doctor has been able to work me in...This is after the sleep apnea fiasco that he pulled my ass out of the sling by ordering it for me without seeing me...Funny thing is, I sent Concentra the same info and asked for a prescription for the test....7 days later those morons call me call to tell me they were thinking about it...At least he came through and got me rolling...

Think about it, our time is really valuable,$85 for me and $85 for the truck out of the tariff per hour. That leads into another doctor story:


I had an appointment with a new doctor back in 1987,the time was 9:30 am, saw him at 11 am. handed him a bill for $255 of my time and he asked what it was about...YOU just cost me time so here's your bill....The REST of my appointments were on time, and no, he did not pay that bill...


Then to tie this into our industry, think about it, jobs only take so long. On the information given to us at origin, we can plan our time, be where we are supposed to be on time and do our job....BUTT, ....Let one little detail like a 900 foot carry come in and it may SCREW your next 4 jobs, make you late, our have to change everything around, to work it out....Believe me, knowledge is power. With the little info we get(at the very least an address)we can look at Google maps(satellite images right down to the street, street views of the driveway)and make an intelligent guess as to if a shuttle is needed-2 freaking weeks before we drop....We can look for low wires, low tree's, ANY other issues way before they pop up....

No comments: