Tuesday, May 13, 2014

From Road Warrior Skip...

Well? Pulling into Las Cruses New Mexico..

With my water temp reading 180, I started getting those annoying flashing lights telling me to shut the motor down or else...
The oil temp was normal, everything else was within limits, but, the ecm kicked in and cut the power back...I pulled into the TA and got in line....This truck stop(where a lifelong buddy died at the door)has always gone out of their way to help anyone, to the point of giving me a ride over to Peterbilt so I could buy the parts with out their markup...
.My biggest concern was their ability with a comp to figure out what was wrong...I replaced 2 sensors and the thermostat....Still not right, I think the impeller came off the water pump....
Over to Pete in the am to get that checked out...The bill here was over $800...At 68% there's not much room for repairs or truck payments...If the water pump is gone...
.Another $800.....

That's my point, we all need to put away about 20 cents per mile for every mile into a breakdown fund....OR depend on our carrier for the PO, along with additional fee's....
The good news is,
I have plenty of time on my dates.


Life... On The Road...

No comments: