Wednesday, May 7, 2014

From our Road Warrior...Skip...A Day in The Life...


I had a real fun one the last two days...It was a pack and load out of Jacksonville, Florida..
 
.Little did I know when I set this up, the member was the head person for looking into complaints about moves with the Navy...Boy HOWDY! Did he have some stories...
 
I first have to thank Steffan at Arpin of Jacksonville...
Gave him a bunch of notice about help and he set me up......
Called 48 hours ahead, left a message that they would see a truck in front of their house-EARLY(7:00 am)on the day of pack..
Not to worry, the guys were due at 7:30 and I'd not bother anyone before 7:30...The guys were on time and the shipper was ready...
.Except, the Mrs. tells me she always had 2 days of pack.....
 
She NEVER got done on the first day....I don't know about anyone else, but, the costs on me for the second day eat up any profit, on 13,000 pounds, so I need it done in one...Needless to say, the crew they sent out was the best I've ever had in ALL of Florida....
.Pack was none by 2 pm.

I started my inventory at noon, the guys started padding everything for the next day at 2...By 4:30,everything was padded, banded and at that point we left..
Imagine, this shipper wandered through the house that night seeing all his stuff padded, looking great, AND ½ or the work for today was already done....
 
Then on to the load.....We started again at 7:30.....By 12:30 we were closing the doors....The job went well.....Good scores are on the way....Thanks to the folks at Arpin of Jacksonville....

 



No comments: