Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What or who are you thankful for?

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and ask yourself what are you thankful for.

I am thankful every day for the gift of another day, the air in my lungs , a roof over my head, a loving family , their health and all the luxuries and opportunities that the good Lord has provided me.

I have so much and so do so many people that I know but many of them choose to look at the negative or are always wanting more, so much so that they never stop to see what they have.

Like the saying goes " I complained about the holes in my shoes till I saw a man with no feet".

If you speak to people from other countries or if you visit around the world you will see just how rich you are and how much opportunity we have here in the United States.

Call me corny or poly Anna but I do try to remind myself daily just how blessed I am.
This does not mean that bad things do not happen to me but I CHOOSE to rebound with a positive attitude. Because it is a CHOICE.
And I do honestly believe that I have great opportunities in front of me.

What helps is my wants and needs are very basic-
I pray for a roof over my head and a place where my family can go to, oil in my tank for heat and food on my table.
I thank God for my health and the health my family.
That is basically it.

I have MUCH to be thankful for- how about you ?




 


1 comment:

Jillian said...

I'm thankful to have a father who taught me what to be thankful for!