Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tunnel vision

My best advise to people in business is to develop tunnel vision.

Block out the noise and the gossip and the politics and just do YOUR job.

In today's culture we all get worried and paranoid . There was a song by a British band called the Kinks that said " paranoia will destroy ya"... That's for you old farts like me.
It is so true though, we all allow the noise and the gossip to overwhelm us and take to much of our brain cells.

We know what we have to do in our jobs and in order to succeed - we need to concentrate on that and how to improve ourselves both professionally and personally.
That should be our full time job and that is where all of our energy should go.

We only have so many hours in the day and so much oxygen, why waste it.
When we allow others to take our time and energy with negative or gossip we are wasting our precious time and energy.

What can you do better? How can you improve things around you?

That is where I try to choose to spend my time and energy.
What can I do better and how can I help others.

Every day I pray to help me to help others and to enjoy the day. 
Our time is limited on this planet why choose to waste it? Trust me , you cannot change the whirlwind of negative around you so develop tunnel vision. It is no different than anything else, develop the habit, stay within yourselves and what you do and enjoy what you have,

Tunnel vision. 

No comments: