Monday, January 14, 2013

WHY?

So many bad things happen in the world every day and to innocent people and many people ask WHY.

I do not think we will ever know the true answer, at least not in this life time.

Why I do know is that we all learn more from our failures and our tragedies than we do our successes.
I firmly believe that there are hard lessons we learn if we allow them in.

When my wife"s mother was murdered in 1985 it changed our lives forever. The way we looked at life, our family and what was truly important.

For me I saw that it did not matter how long we lived or for that matter even how we died but what we did with our life. My mother in law died needlessly and in her early 40's but what she had already accomplished in her short life lives on. In lives in her children and grandchildren and her love for family is what kept us all strong.

It taught me at a early age to not take life for granted and that it can end tomorrow for any of us.

When it happened the immediate question is WHY ....and like I said we will never know why bad things happen to good people but you need to live on and learn and most of all do not grow bitter or cold but open up more and give more and through that you will heal and grow.

No comments: