Saturday, January 26, 2013

Monday Morning Quarterback

Are you a driver? or a business owner?
Are in a position that needs to take charge and make decisions?

Then you know what it is like to be Monday morning quarterbacked?

There are always people that are willing to tell you what you did wrong and what you should of done and not done.

Funny thing is those same people are never there BEFORE you have to pull the trigger or make a decision.

If you are the person in charge you have to make hundreds of decisions and most of them will be on the fly, in the moment. Yes, you will make some choices that in retrospect could of been different but you learn from them and move on.
Your education and more important your experience is what guides you.

I have been  in a room full of people that downgrade another person's vocabulary or spelling looking right past what his content was or what actually took place.
Really?

It is much easier to sit on the sidelines and criticize then to get in there and to be responsible and in the moment.

I look at content and character NOT exclamation points, periods and spelling.

Which are you?
Are in in the fight and in the moment giving it 100 % or are you on the sidelines ready to criticize those in the pits?

When I was younger those Monday morning quarterbacks would anger me, I now realize that they will always be there. I can not allow THEM to effect me or my thinking. I would much rather be the guy making those choices and living the moment then those that sit and are afraid to get in there. That, after all, is what is exciting and where I gain knowledge and satisfaction. Knowing that I can make a difference and being in the moment.

Live Life...don't settle on just being a spectator. Take their criticisms and move on.
Keep on keepin on.



I read a quote that said " Don't let someone dim your light, simply because it's shining in their eyes."

2 comments:

bnldeb said...

David ... I thoroughly enjoy your blog. Today's hit home and appreciate your passion and wisdom. AND I'll take it with me on Monday!

mhoertsch said...

Dave, I always look up to you to put things into a positive prospective, today was no exception! Sometimes the responsibility is overwhelming to the point of wishing you could be that Monday morning quarterback, but you are correct, it is much more rewarding living in the moment.