Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The ride in

The ride into work this morning provided more examples for me on a few subjects.

First, I noticed the students waiting for their buses this morning in the rain. And as usual none of them had an umbrella. They would rather stand in the rain at 6:30 in the morning and get drenched for the rest of the day than to be UNCOOL and use a freaking umbrella. This to me is another example of peer pressure and how we become sheep.

Then I stopped for gas and one of the few times in the morning I can breathe fresh air and stand outside and possibly clear my head to get ready for the day I now have the gas pump talking to me. As if we need more commercials or video or TV in our life we now have it on our gas pumps.

And lastly I go inside to pay the cashier and she is busy complaining to her coworker about the night before and all the hours that she is working. She never looks up or says hi or attempts to make any eye contact. Another example of how people get so self absorbed they do not even perform their basic functions while getting paid to do them.

Being sheep, video,computer and TV overload, and common courtesy and respect.
There you go, three quick examples within a short time span on the ride in on some of my major pet peeves.

No comments: