Friday, September 28, 2012

A interesting story


I had a move out of Concord,Ca. years ago that the shipper was a photographer for National Geographic,but I'm getting ahead of myself...

 

I called and tried to get help set up early in Concord,any of you that have been there know the 15 miles down to Dublin at 8 am will take 1 ½ hours,and was told no,8:30,they had a safety meeting everyone had to attend.I got there early and just sat in the truck looking at the estimate,trying to figure why anyone would need a whole tanning booth?Whatever,8:30 came and we went south...Only to find out there was no one at home and the house was empty....I started calling the agent to find out what was up....Voice mail,hung up on,Finally got sick of it and headed back up to there,to find out it was in there warehouse.....I'll leave the cuss words out...I got it loaded and headed to Florida....

 

24 hours before the drop,I called him to let him know the charges,and he was shocked I was here,said he would call me back with a mini storage address...

 

The next am,I met him,and his 4 year old son at the address,got started,really hit it off with him...He started telling stories.The one I loved was about his son....

 

It seems he went over to the killing fields in Asia on an assignment for National Geographic,and met this 2 year old orphan, fell in love with him and proceeded to adopt,,It took over a year,and they landed in Concord.The funny part of this story was about the tanning booth and why he went to that extreme.

 

After the first summer with them together(spending almost all their time at the pool)they came back to the house to change clothes and got out for dinner...The little guy went into his room to change,came back out buck assed naked,pointing to the area on his bottom,that was normally covered by his swimsuit.....”LOOK IT DAD,I'M TURNING WHITE”......Never laughed so hard in my whole life....

 

SO THE BOOTH WAS FOR HIS DAD,TO DARKEN HIM UP,SO HE COULD BE MORE LIKE HIS SON......Great story....

No comments: