Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some more of my most favorite quotes from Muhammad Ali



Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.


I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.


I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.


 
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.


It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.



Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.


The man who has no imagination has no wings.

The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life


We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.


What keeps me going is goals




No comments: