Friday, February 17, 2012

A nice story from one of our drivers...

Last year I spent 4 months trying to get a psyatic nerve problem worked out...Traction,shots into my spine,and,re-hab.It took the full 4 months to get me back up to working status,this was so bad at the start,I almost needed crutches,my left leg was not working,pain running down it...ECT...
WELL,This year,4 months ago,it popped up again.At that point I could afford no more time off and just had to manage the pain...That's where it gets interesting...

I had a Pack and load out of Birmingham,Al.and brought help over out of Atlanta(best help in the southeast)to get a 14,000#job done and on the truck.Here comes the bad part,the nerve started screaming on the first day of pack and,here,I was,just wanting to lay on my back in the trailer,feet up against the wall and cry......
My shipper was an Indian(India)MD,who also had a PHD in medical device design(Implanted defebs).
His first words were,”Often,that is mis diagnosed,there's a muscle that runs along the lower hips,that sometimes swells up and presses on the psyatic nerve,displays the SAME symptoms....”Well?,What's the cure?He said 6-7 days,HEAVY meds and it would relax...Sorry boss,Gotta get your stuff to Minnesota....He said,there's another way.....Ever think about acupuncture?ACCU-WHAT?He said the Chinese have been using it for 25000 YEARS and there is something to it,Try and find an old chin ease woman and get it done...Called the wife and told her what to find....Then on to DOCTOR Loo.

Doctor Loo,in and old(75)young lady who's been sticking folks foor 50 YEARS,her words were”I can get you relief”REALLY?Problem was( and I was worried about being held captive-2 time a weeks for the rest of my life)how long it would last......3 ½ to 4 days the first time(remember,I came into her shop on crutches the first time,my left leg was so painful,and I was leaning to the right in the truck to drive,could not sit on my left cheek)10 minutes on her table,she twisted the 17 needles(some 4”long)and tapped on them(something ran down my left leg...right spot)came back after 20 minutes,pulled them out and told me to sit up?OK here comes the pain......I sat up and NOTHING?I got up and put the crutches under my arm and WALKED out to pay the bill...

True to her word,3 ½ days later it came back with a vengeance,it took 7 visits,and now I just get stiff sometimes,NO PAIN....I let her do my knee's,shoulders,got my wife going too.
All Thanks to my shipper who suggested it.....

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments: