Thursday, January 4, 2018

Disney

Happy New Year !

Having spent a week in Disney World with my family I experienced once again customer service at its best. Besides the amazing rides and events in Disney the customer service is simply amazing and ALWAYS consistent!
From the person picking up the trash to the people working in the parks and hotels EVERYONE is trained to help and they all are very helpful and SMILE.

For me it is always a lesson in how all businesses should be run, if Disney can still produce this kind of customer service on their level then YOU can certainly provide it on your level.

It starts with the training.

Disney shares their philosophy and wants every employee to know as much about the company and the their fellow cast members as they possibly can. They TRAIN to always stop what they are doing if someone approaches them with a question and be as helpful as possible, smile and say good day and thank you. - sound simple ? - it is ! - Do you do it ?

Here is an example, on my last day I was in line for the concierge to ask a few questions and they were busy so a receptionist near by saw me waiting and called me over to see if they could help. It was not her “job” but she went out of her way to help- imagine that .
And here’s the really cool thing, I went back to that same lady about 45 minutes later with another question and she immediately said is there something else I can for you Mr. Vieira ? She even remembered my name. All the people she spoke to and still remembered my name.
That my friends is the secret - always go the next step- do not avoid the work, run to it.
It is that extra step that people remember - smile and try to help- it is that easy.

Learn as much as you can about how things work around you so you can be ready to help, don’t rejoice in passing the buck or the call, embrace having the answers and helping.

Make it one of your resolutions!




No comments: