Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Move Em Like you Know Em

I had a dispatcher who worked for me once and he was a very nice man and when you asked him to do something he normally carried it out no problem.
But left alone he would not come up with the answer or push himself to prepare more.
That said if he was involved in a move that was for a family member he was all over it.

My issue was if he knew how to do it and went one step beyond for a family member why wouldn't he do it for any customer?
My point to him was to look at every move as if it was his son or mother, look at all the angles and set things up well in advance.

When it was a personal move he would call ahead and double and triple check on labor, the survey, access and more.
If he had taken that same passion to his every day he would of been one of the best employees that I would have been associated with and he would have been promoted and more important he would enjoyed much more self satisfaction.

Our reward at the end of the day is knowing that we made a difference, that we helped somebody.
Rather it's the customer, the driver or agent or fellow employee. You can touch a lot of lives for either the good or the bad.

Approach each customer as if they were a loved one, make it personal.

Feel the Pride !

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

I don't move people....I MOVE Families.....Everybody gets treated like family..