Monday, May 11, 2015

Who do you learn from?

Who do you learn from?

I learn from EVERYBODY.

I have learned that by just observing and listening I can learn from everyone. I have had good relationships and bad, both personally and in business. I have good bosses and terrible ones but I learn from them all.
I try not to judge but to observe and I make mental notes, sometimes even written notes.
I watch and say to myself - how would or should the situation have been handled or what was the tone of the conversation or just as important what was the body motions?

This means playing back in my head my own conversations and realizing what I could have done better, I actually do that a lot.

When you observe some people you can easily see if they are REAL people or not. Do they look around when others are talking to them or look right past you unless they need you? Do they talk differently when a boss walks in or someone with a higher title?
That tells you a lot about somebody.

You should always treat everybody the same, use the same tone and give the same attention.
Take note at the times that you do not or when others do it.

Try to learn and improve EVERYDAY.
Lord knows that we can ALL improve.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

One thing I can say here is when communicating,leave the emotion out of it.Try and just simply state your facts...Being angry,will get you no where..AND every day I don't learn something is a wasted day(that one is from my mother).