Friday, November 14, 2014

Self Reflection

Practice self-reflection.

One of the keys to being a good leader is having the ability to reflect back on decisions made and look at situations, whether good or bad, as lessons.
Once you've done so, you can actively apply what you've learned.

Taking mistakes or failures in stride and moving forward is an essential part of becoming a leader of integrity. Many of these lessons are useful to share with staff and strategic partners. In my case, I've found they often apply even to my children.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

"Taking mistakes or failures in stride and moving forward"could be another lesson in HONESTY...Claims...Just how many guys are willing to admit mistakes?Just how many drivers even reply to claims being filed?ME!I answer each one,with pictures,the inventories and my exception sheets(thank you mobile mover).But,what I hear is just bitching about charge backs...No support for that statement...My deal is....Honesty,You did it,take responsibility for it....You saw what you did...OWN up to it...Paying a small claim,accepting the liability for it with your carrier will make them listen on the next one...It's all about honesty and trust...Can I get an AMEN?