Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rebellion

The one common thread I have seen in business owners and contractors is they all seem to have a bit of rebellion in them.
For the most part thy do not like being told what to do. 
That is why they have their own business. 
I am not saying that is the only reason or even the biggest reason but I do think it is what helps drive them.
Being rebellious is a good thing, it gives us the opportunity to question the normal or, I believe, gives us the chance to put our own stamp on things. That said the challenge is to know when to listen and give in.
Sometimes losing is winning. Listening to those you do not agree with can sometimes open your eyes and let you learn or even those you may agree with, remember you do not like told what to do or that you may even be wrong.
There is a time to stand and there is a time to sit and listen.
Understanding this process helps us understand ourselves more.
 The older we get the more our views may change or bend. 
Being tough is good, being understanding is better.
Not having to bend to " the man " is what drives you to be independent and allows you to reach beyond what you think you can do. I think your journey begins with you wanting a better life and to do better and along the journey we need to learn how to bring in all other views and suggestions. 
Having the rebellion gene is a good thing but learn to grow with it and your possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

"For the most part they do not like being told what to do"...I've always had a problem with that..ASK me,I'll do anything to help,but order me...Ain't gonna happen.I wish more folks would just be polite...And ask,Not DEMAND...Just had one who wanted the washer and dryer that was in the house moved to the garage.I do this all the time,no problema,happens all the time,shipper wants her washer in the laundry..Only problem was later,she looked at me and demanded I load the garage ones up and drop them at her sisters house,4 miles away..I simply told her I was not licensed to load and drop inside her state and we could lose our hauling authority for her state and she needed to find a local company to move them..