Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Appreciate

How can you really appreciate something if you never not had it ?

I remember the first time my wife and I bought a car that had “ electric “ windows we thought we were big shots, it was probably a car already 10 - 15 years old but we appreciated power windows.
Then we bought a car with power windows and intermittent windshield wipers.... ooooh .. that was a bid deal and then the big one- air conditioning!

I actually still appreciate today the cars that I drive and all the extras , now they even have Bluetooth and hands free cell phones - cell phones another thing that this generation just takes for granted.
It was not that long ago that we worked without computers and cell phones and people take them all for granted- how can you really appreciate something you were just born in to ?

I guess my parents could say the same thing as they were born with no indoor bathrooms and very few had an automobile never mind “ power” anything.
They appreciated much more of the little things that I was born in to and took for granted.

Look around and appreciate everything around you - Yes- we are rich - try to take everything for granted and try to take the time to appreciate the little things.

No comments: