Monday, July 6, 2015

Forgiveness and Simplicity

If there are two things to live by they are Forgiveness and Simplicity.

My mom was not a well educated woman, at least school wise, she never finished high school, she had to help her family with chores. When she was a child she grew up in a very modest two bedroom house with her mom and dad three sisters and a brother back in the early 1900's. They did not have a indoor bathroom till she was older or TV or lights in every room. She grew up very poor but she did know that, she just thought that is what life was. She grew up and met my dad in her early teens and got married. Turns out my dad struggled with the devel called alcohol, so my mom had a tough life bringing up me and my two sisters. He was a good man just bitten by the disease that many of have experienced in our families, meanwhile my mom was a rock.

My mother never said a harsh word about anybody, never swore or drank, worked third shift so she could take of the house and us and she NEVER complained. She never talked I'll about anybody, even my dad. She never held a grudge or gossiped. She helped others, my neighbor worked at the same mill as my mom on the third shift and had very bad arthritis, my mom picked her up every day and took her to work and helped her get up the stairs on the third floor of this monstrous factory and my mother never complained and wanted anything.

My mother enjoyed the simple things in life even though she had a rough ride, she always smiled and was kind. She SHOWED me by example the power of forgiveness and that you can be happy with the simple things. Just like the man who walked the earth thousands of years ago born in a barn he showed us by his life the power of forgiveness and simplicity. 

Forgiveness is not easy but once you learn to live it you realize it is quite satisfying and that it actually frees you. 

Live simple and Forgive.
 

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

Sounds like my MOM,I got my attitudes from her....My dad was an attorney,he liked to debate,I got that from him....I tried to explain to my sons......Look at your girlfriends mother,that will be her in 30 years....That scares even me...Dave,you sure come up with some good stuff...It makes me think...And remember..Thank you...