Friday, July 24, 2015

Bad things

Why do bad things happen to good people?

It is certainly a mystery - you see people that are not so nice get ahead and other people that are very nice suffer loses or difficulties.
But the thing is most things are temporary and most things are not as they appear.
Those people that you think have it made and achieved their success by hurting others are struggling inside and sooner or later it all catches up.
And those that look like they have a black cloud over their heads will overcome.

Good things do come to those that wait and the wheels of justice do turn..sometimes slower than I like but they do indeed turn.

Why beat ourselves over the head by asking why? It will reveal itself sooner or later, just move on, stay positive and try your best to help others - remember there is always someone worse off than you are. Want prove? Go visit a children's ward at the hospital and talk to some of the parents.
When my daughter was born she was born with a cleft lip and needed a few surgeries. There is no more helpless a feeling than watching your new born baby go through those doors without you to the OR room. My wife and I never left the hospital, sleeping in the chairs in the room and we met many other parents and w all shared our stories. Most of their children had much more severe reasons for being there and I counted my blessings every day. They , the parents and the children, gave me strength and I never complained with what we were going through.

Bad things will happen to you- that much we all know- what matters is how you react and carry on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to tell you a little story...
About 2 years ago my grandson Ayden started to play baseball. Well me wanting him to be the next Mickey Mantle, I went out and bought him a glove , bat and ball. I was so anxious to teach him how to catch and bat.
Well the weekend comes, Ayden comes over and we go in the backyard to play ball. As expected, he wanted to bat first. I throw many pitches at him and he hits a few and the says , OK pappy, your turn to bat. So I grab the bat and let him pitch. The very first pitch to me, all I do is stick the bat out and make contact with the ball and the ball goes over the fence, ball lost, game over.
I felt horrible. Can't believe I just lost his new ball , I ruined it for him and didn't know what to say.
To my surprise, Ayden looks at me a yells, that was awesome pappy... You hit a home run !!!
Moral of this story is my 6 year old grandson taught me it is all about how you look at things.
And yes, he hopefully will be the next Mantle...