Thursday, June 26, 2014

Self Disipline

Self-Discipline Thought #1: Self-discipline isn’t convenient, it’s commitment.

It’s not all that difficult to make a commitment. What’s difficult is keeping and managing that commitment. The real work begins after the commitment is made and the deadlines and demands start approaching.

Self-discipline is the price I pay to keep my commitment. Self-discipline is the action I take on a regular basis to follow through on a commitment. Self-discipline means because I said yes to something, I will have to say no to other things.

Maybe you’ve committed to write more, or lose some weight, or build a side business. The minute we say yes to commitments like those, we limit our options. We make a decision and then manage that decision to accomplish something that we wouldn’t normally be able to accomplish without the focused effort that comes through self-discipline.

Keeping my options open keeps me on the wandering circle of convenience. Self-discipline keeps me on the path of my promises.

No comments: