Monday, January 27, 2014

Pack Mentality

From Driver Skip....


PACK MENTALITY?

Why is it when the snow starts flying, and states don't have enough funds to work the roads, do all vehicles seem to gravitate together? This picture is from northern Indiana,14 miles from where I was holed up in hiding from really bad roads. I was through there 4 hours before. ALL of northern Indiana was in the same shape , BUTT, an Oprah sized one, why were there so many people involved? It's simple, folks have no idea about following distance and always seem to pack up. In weather like that? Makes no sense to me. Me, I follow a simple rule, if cars and trucks start packing up too tight, I slow down and let them get away, don't care if it gets there on time, it will be done safely. This week, I 've had 4 days of sitting, waiting for conditions to improve, at that point I have to say thanks to EVERYONE at Arpin for not trying to pressure me to do something I consider as unsafe..

 

Right now, after slipping and sliding for the last 50 miles(hoping it would get better)I gave up and found a hole to drop into at the 97 mile marker on I-80 in Pennsylvania, It's not getting better until tomorrow. I'll wait....
 
 

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

AND,If I can't stand on it...I AIN'T DRIVING OM IT!!!!