Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No matter the title

I remember the first time I was able to order a business card. When I saw my name on the card and a title I had thought it was so cool, that I made it.
Ahh to be young and naive again.

You learn much later that business cards and title's mean very little.

No matter what your title is you are still a employee and you work for someone and guess what even those that own their own business still need to work for their employees. If you are an owner you feel the responsibility to profit, to be able to retain people and give them a raise or bonus.

If you are not the owner then no matter what your title you are a employee.

Too many people think their title is what dictates respect, it does not.
You may think so but if you want people to respect you or to follow you than you need to show them that you care and that you want to help them.

Title's may sound good or look good on a business card but it means nothing.

No comments: