Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meet Steve Rivera..

Meet Steven Rivera Couto

  
For most people, a shipment is just a shipment. But when that special delivery contains someone’s most personal belongings, it becomes something more.
“We are shipping people’s lives,” says Steven Rivera, Flex Fleet Manager, in the Arpin Van Lines dispatch department in West Warwick, R.I.

Steven knows the importance of the cargo he is shipping. He is responsible for crating and freighting domestic shipments for military service members, national accounts and residential customers.

“My role is important because I have to monitor all my shipments from coast to coast,” says Steven. “If a shipment arrives late, our customer scores will reflect that, so it is imperative to make sure everything arrives on time.”

Much of Steven’s day is spent on the phone checking on shipments to make sure they have been picked up, are in transit or have been delivered to their destination. Steven joined Arpin from the furniture business and has been part of the team for five years.

“I love it when a job goes smoothly and the customer is satisfied with their delivery.”

When not at work, you’ll find Steven listening to his favorite bands and spending quality time with his 15-month-old daughter, Sabela. “I love taking her for drives to show her the world.”
Steven’s advice for others: “Work hard, ask questions, never assume, and always stay positive no matter what comes your way.”

Name: Steven Rivera Couto
Department: Dispatch
Job Title: Flex Fleet Manager
Hometown: Manati, Puerto Rico
Favorite Food: Chinese Food
Years with Arpin Group: 5 Years
Favorite hobby and/or sport: Football and basketball
Ideal Vacation: A beautiful tropical island
Best way to relax: Ice cold beer
Preferred entertainment: Video games, especially Call Of Duty
Personal hero: My parents
Favorite music: I listen to all types of music
Favorite movie: Horror, thrillers and suspense
Pet peeve: When people gossip
What I would do if I won $1 million: I would invest half, go on a vacation, and give some money to charity.

1 comment:

mhoertsch said...

We love ya Steve! Always so polite and attentive!