Thursday, May 26, 2011

David Arpin Hired Me in April of 1985

I interviewed with David Arpin back in April of 1985.  At the time, I had no experience in the household industry and was dispatching servicemen for Honeywell. It was a good job and I was making decent pay at the time with a great boss.

However, the reason I was looking at other options was due to the fact that I was working for a branch of Honeywell in East Providence, R.I.  Their home office was in Minneapolis, MN. Although they treated me well, I felt as if I was just a number, and that the owner or "head guy" at the home office would really never get to know me.

Back then, I was married for about four years and my daughter was two.  Basically, I wanted to work for a company that knew me and saw how I worked.  I felt that with Honeywell, as with any huge company, if the home office was making budget cuts, they didn't really know me since I was just a number working at a branch and could be let go.  I wanted more security and a chance to grow with a company that would recognize me for what I did.

Sure enough, Arpin was the right choice for me and my family!

For the first few years, I worked directly under David Arpin. Back then, David watched over all the bookings, drivers and agents in and out of the North and South East while Paul Arpin watched over the Mid-West and the West Coast.

There, my lessons would begin not only in the household business, but the people business.

I hear the same exact line from every one of our elite drivers.  They like Arpin Van Lines because here, they feel as if they are not just a number, but part of a family.

No comments: