Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Don’t take what’s mine

One of my lessons in life was watching how people in life and in business got very defensive and angry when they thought someone was taking what they thought was theirs.

I dispatched household goods movers and drivers most of my career and it was astounding to me how much time they all spent worried about what the other guy was getting.
I saw fathers get mad over what their son was dispatched because they felt they deserved it, I saw brother against brother and friend against friend, agent against agent and so on- and most would complain and ask to not let the other know.
There were always reasons why certain loads were dispatched on a particular driver,  quality of a mover came into play, who emptied first, was a certain load going through or to home for a particular driver that may not have been home for a while, did a driver have to roll with space on his previous load in order to make delivery dates ??? ... these all should come into play when assigning loads and more.
Some drivers obsess so much about what the other guy is doing it effects their moods and personality and ultimately it effects their work. I would say if only they spent that time and energy on improving some aspect of their job they would be much better served.
I knew why I chose a load for a particular driver and by having to defend my actions took up my time that could be better spent trying to put better loads together for everyone .

I see the same in every day life now more then ever, I see a lot of anger toward others because some people think they deserve more or that the other person does not deserve it. Again if people only put on their blinders and just worried about themselves and how to improve they would all be better off and be a heck of a lot less angry and stressed.

Life is hard enough, there is no reason to go looking for more stress.
Lighten your shoulders , take a good look in the mirror and remember the only person you can ever truly change is yourself.


“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
-Matthew 

No comments: