Friday, August 14, 2020

Rights

In this great experiment of Democracy and America we are different from many other countries because we, the people, have rights.
We have rights that are built in to our constitution to prevent our leaders becoming a dictator or king and to enable each and every one of us the opportunity to continue to reshape this great experiment.
In those rights Freedom of Speech is the most important because once that is suppressed we lose our voice and ability to hold our leaders accountable.
The hardest up thing about free speech is when we do not agree with others, I do no not have to agree with you but it is your right in the United States to be able to say out loud what you believe and live that life you want.
I have people in my life that I love and I do not agree with them when it comes to politics or beliefs but I still love them. In some cases we can have an open dialogue and discuss our differences and others we cannot because it escalates to quickly, so those friends and loved ones I do my best to respect their space and ideas.
I wish we could all talk honestly to each other but because some feelings are so personal it is very hard.
I do know that when we talk more to each other we start to understand why someone may think the way they do. I always try to look at it from their side and keep the conversations civil and maybe just maybe we can find common ground.

No comments: