Thursday, July 30, 2020

Today is your last day

Today is your last day ...
Not at your job but your last day in life ...
What if you knew today was going to be your last day on Earth, what would you do?
Who would you want to be sure to talk to and hug and say I love you and thank you ?
Would you stop and look around and appreciate the beauty around you ? Take in the blue of the sky or the green of the grass or the colors in the flowers?

Here’s the thing - none of us knows when our last day will be -
Do not take one day for granted.
Tell the people that you care for that you love them.
Do not hold grudges- forgive.
Look around and appreciate.

Learning From My Dog -
Wisdom does not fall from high places.  The mighty and the splendid have taught me little. I have learned more from my dog than from all the great books I have read.  The wisdom of my dog is the product of his inability to conceal his wants.  When he yearns to be loved, there is no pouting in the corner.  There are no games entitled "Guess what is the matter with me." He puts his head on my lap, wags his tail, and looks up at me with kind eyes, waiting to be petted.  No professor or sage ever told me I might live a more successful life if I simply asked for love when I needed it.
~ from Trial lawyer Gerry Spence
(Spence has never lost a criminal case either as a prosecutor or a defense attorney )

My dog past away last year but I would watch her, especially in her later years, when she would go outside on a nice day and lay in grass and look up and enjoy the wind on her face .
She would run to my grandkids , backend wagging and extend her face for a light smooch 😘
I certainly learned from her and every day I am sure to take some part of the day to shut it down , go outside and look up and just feel the sun and wind on my face.

Appreciate and learn every day !




No comments: