Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Movers are a special breed

Professional Household Good Movers/Drivers do so much more then pick up furniture and drive - they touch life’s- they Care !
A letter from ...
MICHAEL D. BARTON, SA, DAF
Director of Operations
HQ Office of Special Projects (AFOSI PJ) Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DC

Though I am still enroute to my next assignment, I wanted to provide you feedback regarding the team that packed out my home in Flower Mound, TX.  Up front, the team, led by Driver Tom Olsen, was the best team I have worked with in my 24 years of military service, which includes 16 moves.  Mr. Olsen, was not only professional in his disposition towards my family and I, but also exhibited complete control over the exceptional labor team he assembled from his contacts within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.  For the period we worked with Mr. Olsen, he proved to be a gifted communicator, task organizer and did very well to keep things light, while remaining on task.  As an experienced leader within the US military, the latter is a hard balance to maintain and he did so effortlessly - for that, my wife and I were truly grateful to have him as our Driver.  Regarding Mr. Olsen's team, which included Martin, D., Martin M., Fernando and Leonel.  I feel that identifying the labor crew matters, as they also were very professional, courteous and clearly exhibited an understanding of how to work around a family of five.  I can tell you that I will retain Mr. Olsen's contact information and when possible recommend him to those I care about the most, as he kept the complexities of 'move day' easy and was able to demonstrate to me that my belongings left my home secure while able to finish ahead of schedule - these are invaluable factors to someone currently in my position.  I ask that you share this feedback with Mr. Olsen's employer.  

Thanks again and I'll call you when we arrive in Virginia.

Mike
MICHAEL D. BARTON


A message from Thomas Olson the Mover/Driver on this move-

Wow, what a move !  Director of Operations and a former minor league ball player that played ball for the Red Sox, Dave Barton, Mikes father.
Dave is the one wearing the Sox hat of course. He had conversations with one of the greatest hitters of all time, Ted Williams who said it was all science when it comes to hitting. Sat next to The Yaz in the club house, imagine that !  Dave Barton had relationships with some of the greatest to ever step out on the field.

Just like in the moving business we build relationships. We build relationships with our fellow workers and more importantly our shippers, even though most likely it will be temporary.  Right from the beginning at ' hello ' , during the move and to the end of the move when we shake their hand and say ' good bye ' we must maintain a relationship.

Having a good relationship with your shipper equals one thing, a good move.
It is their move, make it a good one...



Tommy O.



No comments: