Friday, December 8, 2017

Sound familiar?

Does this sound like anyone you might know ?

Below is an excerpt from a book written by Gerry Spence-

“I know people who use argument merely to hear their own voices. They are noise makers.
These people seem perfectly secure, but they are enchanted by their own words, enthralled with their own wisdom, and they are, to be sure, as boring as popcorn without salt. They have, during the course of their lives, made so much noise and filled the air with so much authoritative banality that they have no time to form an original thought, nor have they given themselves the opportunity to hear and learn anything from listening to anyone else”.


I know a lot of people like this and it never ceases to amaze me that they really think the rest of us do not see the “real” them or the “ real” truth.
They love hearing themselves talk .
Do not be fooled, let them live in their own world and work around them.
Do not even give them the satisfaction of arguing, choose your fights.
I always say that I only have so much oxygen in a day and I do not want to waste it on those that only want to listen to their own voice anyway.

Move on


No comments: