Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Finding the Inner Kid

Find the Inner kid.

One of the blessings of having children and being a parent , or being a grandparent, is we get to view the world through the eyes of children once again.
That innocence and wonderful look of wonder in everything around.

Somewhere along the way we all lose that, we " grow up ".

When I say find the inner kid, that is what I refer to.
It gets harder and harder to do with as our responsibilities grow but when you have children you tend to remember that it is not about "stuff" it is just about enjoying everything around you.
And it is the uninhibited unconditional love that you receive from a child that is the most special thing that you will ever experience and therefore you return the same.

On my most stressful days of work it would melt away when I spent time with my kids when they were young.
Don't get me wrong I would need an hour or so to decompress on some days but sooner or later they would capture my imagination again and point me in the right direction.
There was one afternoon that I took off just to run around with my son when he was about 5 or 6 playing make believe swords and just laying around looking up at the clouds. They help us to remember.
And many other fond memories with bit my daughter and my son while growing up, from dancing in the living room to building tree forts and fishing.
Now I get to see the world again like that with my 4 year old grandson. We play good guy bad guys in the back yard every Sunday.

Try to remember that we are all just visiting... and to truly enjoy what we have

FIND THE INNER KID.




No comments: