Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A posting from our Road Warrior- SKIP


Things I'm Proud Of





I was sitting in the truck today and just glanced at the miles on this OLD Pete...906,000,JEEZE,I just realized this will be the 4'th truck(not bought new,and in just 94,000 more)I've taken over a MILLION miles.That's a lesson,take care of your stuff and it will last.My actual miles are just over 3.2 million.At this point I need to get to the part where I'm proud.........My last truck was a 378 Pete that after 1.2 million I finally wore out the starter button.The Peterbilt shop I stopped in to replace it was funny,I went in there with the attitude of....CAN'T YOU GUYS MAKE ANYTHING THAT LASTS?,come on,only1.2 million miles?They got a kick out of it and sold me another button....



Then on to this truck....It's a 1994 Pete,379,Able body sleeper, single axle...I put together,475 Cat,15 Over,5 Deep reduction,308 gears....I bought it from some friends,this sleeper is unique,and with the mods of cutting it down,it is the ONLY 379 Able body sleeper,SINGLE axle in the country.Imagine....With the 308 gears,I have 70 MPH at only 1300 rpms,and my fuel mileage at less than 70 is over 7.....But,I'm getting ahead of myself....What I'm proud of today is......I wore out the KEY....Thank god I have a spare in my wallet......Thanks for letting me BRAG....

No comments: