Friday, October 28, 2011

It Is All Connected

Many of my posts have to do with my philosophies or life's lessons but at age 54, I do not propose to be the old guy with all the answers...far from it. I am still trying to learn every day and to stay on the right path.

When I speak about life and thoughts of how to treat others, I absolutely believe that it is also tied to business in general and how to improve...it is all connected.

At the beginning of each day, we all must start fresh and remind ourselves what it is all about. We are all just visiting and in the end, what will we leave behind.

With the passing of my mother recently, I was reminded once again of this cold hard fact. I visited her every day while she was in a manor this summer where they tried to help her recover from her stroke.

The walk down the corridors reminded me daily of how fast and fragile life is. In each room and in the corridors were dozens of men and women mostly in their eighties. All they're in need of is some help and therapy.

Some in wheel chairs, some in walkers and some confined to their beds.
All had a story to tell and a life once full of energy, work and family.
Now they struggle to walk, eat and converse.

All the time they spent worrying about climbing any cooperate ladder or time spent in envy of others was now a distant memory and time I am sure they wished they had back.

Again I do not pretend to be a philosopher of life but I do try to learn from it...every day.

Work hard, always do your best. Give work 100% while you are there, be honest and try not to hurt others. When you are wrong, say so. When you handle a situation wrong, go back and correct it.
Swallow your pride and put away your ego.
When I walked down those corridors every day this summer, as stressful as this summer was, it helped bring to light what is really important and how fast time goes by.

Success in business, personal philosophies, family...it is all connected.

No comments: